Having undergone an extensive program of renovation in 2018, this building replaced Greenfield House, which stood on this site & was leased from Mr Oldroyd for use as the Trades & Labour Club & Institute, which began in 1914. When the house was demolished, the new building housed a renamed Trades & Friendly Club. This eventually became Horbury Community Centre & was saved from permanent closure in 2015 by Horbury Community Centre Trust, who run the Centre today.