No.2 High Street, now The Beauty Spa, was once the home of Henry Fallas, local builder & stonemason. Henry Fallas & Sons were responsible for some of the finest buildings in Horbury, notably the Town Hall, Library and United Methodist Church (now part of Nettleton’s Furnishings).

The buildings set back behind the bus stop to the left, No.s 10-12 High Street, which today are occupied by ├śL cafe/bar and Victoria Hair, date from 1637.

Renowned local-born architect John Carr is reputed to have been born in a cottage that was once part of these buildings.